Monday, December 24, 2007

It is Just so Amazing(Camp)

It is just so amazing to see how Daddy God's love is so evident in our daily lives. Camp started out well quite horrifically as most people would have described it. Just imagine a turnout at 1am in the morning after just 1 hr of sleep to go on a mission that would last till 1030am the next day.Followed by an afternoon of sleep and then more army exercies in the evening.

This is really where The Lord really shows his glory. His everpresence in our daily lives even when u don't even think he's there.

After the exercise on the evening of the 2nd day, we were told to move to the Multi purpose Tent(MPT). This was when I started 'whining' a little to myself. I told God,"What the Hell am I doing here, I don't see God, This is not a church camp, this is just a normal camp." Fast Forward 5 mins.Daddy God just blew my mind, Coach Jo went up and shared the heart of the camp and challenged all of us to really let The Lord have an everpresent place in our lives. It was just so true, why is it that in our daily lives we don't seem to look to Daddy God in the small things but we only seem to look to him in the big things only.

Another thing that really caught my attention was the mission itself,it was just so amazing that when you look at things in the physical, you will start to whine and complain. But when we look away from our problems we are able to achieve so much more. Before mission 1 we were standing in the field waiting to move out and I was joking with Shalom as to how she would most probably kill me if I were to carry on whining as to how much I needed to sleep whilst on the mission. It only dawned on me hours later at about 5am that I had not "whined"since the time we left the campsite on the contrary I was very alive and hyperactive during that time. Well some people would describe this phenomena as running on adrenaline.I on the other hand choose to believe that this is similar to the lesson on faith that all of us have learnt when Peter walked on water.(If you do not look at the problems and acknowledge it, it has no power over you. You will start walking above ya problems)

Another thing that really impacted me was what Alvin told me during the sharing session, this was like pounded home during the campire worship when The Lord also reminded me of what Debbie Prescott told me at DNA encounter this year. Alvin said,"Do you know a lot of us look up to you?" or something along those lines. Well to me that was kinda a shock we cause to me I never saw myself as much of a leader due to some other parts of my personality. But something just clicked at the campfire.It was like a challenge to me to meet the call and the mantle and anointing he has placed over my life, as Debbie Presscott had earlier prophecied over me at DNA encounter.

Truly a great camp and more on this later on part 2 will be out soon I hope

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home