Tuesday, November 04, 2008

To leave or Not

Haha had a talk with my parents a couple of days ago and the question that inevitably comes up every single time is, Why don't you wanna go to Milan and why do you want to stay in Melbourne? Well seriously, firstly, I don't want to stay in Melbourne, not that I hate it, yes I admit there is a draw to stay but I have no violent objections to leaving. Secondly, I don't want to make the choice, I have always said I don't know where I should be it's The Lord's choice not mine. Lord lead me.

Last Night, Shiyou and Diane really got me thinking about this again, they were asking me what I think about going on exchange.

think is would be my full and complete reply, It's cool awesome and fun, I actually wished that I could go on exchange during my Bachelor's course,well but Daddy dearest doesn't approve of it so oh well. But in hindsight, I would also say this. If I were to leave on Exchange, that means like Grace who is going to UBC my days in Melbourne would really be numbered and seriously I don't know at this point in time if I would be ready to actually pickup my bags and leave Melbourne either for 6 months or for good. I also really don't know if staying here for my final semester would actually make that decision any easier.

Having said that, I know that for Diane and Shiyou and many of you guys, you guys don't have to choose your final semester to go on exchange so yeah you will be able to come back but are you will to pick up everything and come back again? I don't know.

Having said all this I seriously think an exchange is an awesome experience because it really throws you at a deep end of the pool to actually build relationships and memories in a fixed time, no there are no extensions like in assignments because you have to come back to your friends and the people you call your Melbourne family.

so yeah the decision is all up to you but I suppose the one thing that all of us hope to do is to live a fulfilling life where we know we have no regrets. then again is this really possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home