300
In Genesis, when Benjamin was brought to Egypt by his brothers, he almost lost his life because of Joseph’s “plan” However, at the end of the day when he left Egypt; we see that he had gained a special privilege that the rest of his brothers did not get. First, at the dining table, He got 5 times more food than his brothers and when they were about to leave to bring Jacob and the rest of the tribe over, He got 300 Shekels of silver and 5 sets of clothes. I understood the significance of the 5 times that was basically the grace of God on Benjamin which is us the Benjamin generation.
However, what I never got was what the significance of the 300 shekels was; I was looking up biblical numerology and glyphs today and I realized that 300 signified shin in the Hebrew alphabet. In turn this shin in the alphabet had a pictorial and that was a picture of a tooth.
I then looked up the bible to see when the word tooth actually acme up in the bible and it showed the verse in Exodus 21:24 an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth.... what I thought to myself was this in the context of those verses it was all about justice and all. So what I felt was that Jesus who is a heavenly Joseph came down and died for us and like Joseph whatever he lost he got back and who did he give it to? He gave it to us the Benjamin generation.
Let us remember all the verses in the bible which show us the significance of God’s restoration power and rest in his promises.
This also proves that God does bless and restore in monetary terms as well not just in spiritual terms.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home