We all Need REST
I have just been so refreshed by BS today and well was doing my quiet time and readings of the past few days and was just thinking about this.It amazes me as to How timely The Lord is.
LET US ALL REST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matthew 11:30(My yoke is easy my burden is light.) Well this is often a misquoted piece of scripture in which people always say that The Lord needs us to strive hard and work so that The Lord may be glorified as we still have a yoke to carry and there is a burden on us. Well if you look at the 2 preceding verses to this scripture, it actually calls us to enter in his rest and not to strive. For example, Matthew 11:29 says (Take my yoke upon you and LEARN OF ME; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and YE SHALL FIND REST UNTO YOUR SOULS.) The term Learn here in the Greek refers to the increase of one in Knowledge or to be accustomed to, and in this case it refers to being accustomed and to know more of Christ. Therefore you can see that all we need to do is to enter HIS rest by getting to know Our Lord more as well as getting to rest in HIS word and promises. Matthew 11:28 says (Come unto me, all [ye] that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.) and this is confirmed in Hebrews 4:10-11(For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from his. Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.) It is all by The Lord Jesus Christ and His work as Zechariah 4:6 says (Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This [is] the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.)
Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.
Chorus
Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
I’m standing on the promises of God.
Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises of God.
Chorus
Standing on the promises I now can see
Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;
Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,
Standing on the promises of God.
Chorus
Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to Him eternally by love’s strong cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,
Standing on the promises of God.
Chorus
Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
Listening every moment to the Spirit’s call
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
Standing on the promises of God.
LET US REST WELL AND SIT EASY IT WAS FINISHED 2000YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home