Irony
I was just reading the NCC devotion today and this sentence caught my eye.
"Having no money in the bank, being sick and losing your job, bad as they are, are not as bad as being dead!"
I was thinking how it is so different in many people today. SOme people would say I'd rather die than be in this situation, just like how many people feel that being sentenced to death is so much better then sentenced to life in jail without the possibility of parole.
But You know what the life sentence is better, why it gives hope.
Hope in what sense? Well in this.
1. The person will not live in the condemnation of what he has done and become a living beacon for The Lord- E.g. David Berkowitz(.44 Caliber killer in the US, converted or came back to Christ while serving his 200plus yr sentence and is now a pastor or christian worker in jail.(Cool eh)
2. Another example is this show on Crimnal files I was watching on TV yesterday. This guy in Ohio was cleared of his conviction like 8years after he was convicted. If not for the word aggravated being excluded from his charge he would never have lived to see the day in which he would be a free man as thaty was the difference between death and a life sentence.
People Life is a hope let's live it man. I know the negativity around might seem to say that death is the better option but seriously there is no way Liek the bible also says Death is the final victory also. It doesn't say the sting of misery it says the sting of death

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home