Tuesday, April 19, 2011

You may be there but God's favor is the difference maker

I don't know how many people read this blog, but yeah of those who read I am quite sure a significant number of you know the of David in the bible and the various tories of him. The one interesting one for me was that of Samuel anointing David.

For years I have always thought that David was tending the sheep a far way off, and therefore his father and family forgot about him. IN short this just meant that David was someone who had a low profile and influence in the family, someone who was forgotten at meals. To a child this might be really hurtful that your family has forgotten about you, but I think what God showed me makes it even worse. In 1 sam 16:11 "And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all [thy] children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither." It shows that David was actually within the sight of his family, because it says Behold/look. I think this hurts more that even though you are seen, you are not acknowledged as a son, especially when a dignified person comes to town.

What God really showed me was that no matter the situation, and whatever you are going through, yes people might have forgotten about you or you might not be getting the attention that you desire, God will be able to turn it around and move on your behalf, remember you are God's chosen and beloved, He will definitely move on your behalf at all times.

2 Comments:

Blogger Happy said...

so true... missing u heaps Kern! :)

8:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good one
fel

10:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home